EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Leadership and executive development
- Working with difficult people
- Navigating career transition points
- Communicating with impact
- Diversity and inclusion
- Organisation development and behaviour
- Workshop facilitation
Sean has over 25 years’ experience across the corporate, government, higher education and not-for-profit sectors. He has more than 10 years experience as an accredited executive coach and has completed over 5,000 hours as a workshop facilitator.
He is a Churchill Fellow and a Fulbright Scholar. He is a skilled communicator and an innovative, creative problem solver. Sean has coached executives in industries as diverse as finance, pharmaceuticals, property development, telecommunications, professional sports and higher education and government at all levels.
Sean is the author of five books and more than 50 journal articles and presentations on adult learning and organisation development. He is a skilled communicator and an innovative, creative problem solver. As a coach, Sean’s strengths are working with managers and leaders to build team dynamics and assist individuals realise and meet their potential.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BA (Communication), Charles Sturt University
- MA (Australian Studies) University of NSW
- MEd Southern Cross University
- G Cert Mgt Southern Cross University
- Organisation Behaviour Harvard University
- Diploma Indigenous Knowledges Charles Darwin University
- Level 3 coach, Institute of Executive Coaching
- Certificate IV TAE 40110
- Diploma of Government, University of New England
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Churchill Fellow
- Fulbright Professional scholar
Family, travel, national and international politics, cultural differences.
WORKING WITH SEAN O’TOOLE
“This has been one of the best experiences in my career” (General Manager, Aqualand)
“I look forward to every session and learn something new every time we speak” (Professor University of Technology)
“I would recommend Sean as a coach to inspire and assist others.” (Executive Director NSW Government)
“ Sean helped me to draw things together and the process he used really built my confidence” (Director NSW Department of Health)
“ Sean has provided valuable support, building leadership capability and awareness among many managers and staff at CatholicCare. His work has a goal orientation and is results focussed.” (HR Manager CatholicCare)
“Working with Sean was invaluable and inspiring” (Leadership Development, Resmed)