EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- Stepping up into a Board, CEO or senior executive role
- Leading through change management
- Leading & interacting across multiple global geographies.
- Life as an Expatriate
- Achieving a sustainable balance of professional and personal priorities
Murray has led, mentored, coached and managed senior leaders and executives during his 3 decade experience in commercial property across Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Murray believes an individual identifying their untapped potential delivers clarity in direction resulting in increased organisational and personal performance. Murray has mentored many leaders across many countries on the value of leadership and the value this brings to their organisation and broader stakeholders. Murray has a hands-on understanding of the “ebbs and flows “of business and can support his clients by being their sounding board, confidante, support crew and tough question asker as they own the direction and decisions they make.
Before naturally transitioning into mentoring and coaching, Murray held senior commercial property leadership positions during his 30+ year career including CEO positions over the latter decade. During these years Murray held positions with Lend Lease Retail, AMP Shopping Centres and Jones Lang Lasalle together with working with large family owned businesses in the Middle East and Indonesia. Murray and his family have lived for 17 years in Indonesia, Hong Kong, South Korea and Dubai. Murray’s roles in these diverse markets involved board and cross business line interaction, business strategy and driving performance through organisational leadership, succession planning, business management and operational efficiency. Change Management has been a core focus over the years including businesses expanding, downsizing and rebranding. Company culture was integral during these times of change.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Sydney
- Certificate of Executive Coaching (Level 1- IECL/GrowthOps)
- Foundation of Directorship, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Leadership 2000 internal course, Lend Lease
- Presentation and Human Relations, Dale Carnegie
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Board Member, LMIRT Management Ltd, Singapore
- Succession Planner for Rural Families, Proagtive
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Former Board Member, Lend Lease Real Estate Investments
- Former Committee Member, Shopping Centre Council of Australia