EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Leadership and performance
- Organisation and human resources strategy
- Stakeholder engagement and alignment
Gary is a strategic business leader with an extensive track record in developing strategy and leading major transformations with a focus on leadership, performance and governance within listed and unlisted global companies and not-for-profit organisations.
Gary is a trusted leader with more than 30 years’ experience on executive leadership teams and board committees of high-profile, blue chip companies including BHP Billiton, Heinz-Wattie, Bonlac Foods and the Bunge Group. Leading human resource functions for large companies and consulting in leadership and performance across numerous industry sectors has shaped his career.
He is currently Chairman of the community partnership trust of a major industry superannuation fund and has previously served as a non-executive director of other national and international not-for-profit organisations including World Vision.
Gary is also an active on-water volunteer with Sailors with Disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Company Directors Diploma, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Advanced Management Program, University of Hawaii, USA
- Diploma of Business Studies
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & BOARD APPOINTMENTS
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- LUCRF Community Partnership Trust (2008 – Current) – Chairman
- World Vision Australia (2000 – 2006)
- Labour Union Co-operative Retirement Fund (LUCRF) (1997 – 2005)
Boating, travel and the alleviation of social disadvantage