EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Cultural change
- Executive development
- International business.
Philippe is a former CEO of Orica Mining Services, the world’s largest commercial explosives company and was a member of Orica’s Group Executive Committee.
Prior to becoming the CEO of OMS, Philippe was managing Director of Orica Europe, Middle East and Africa based in Germany where he had responsibility for the overall performance of these territories including joint ventures in Estonia, Kazakhstan and Turkey.
Philippe’s early career started as a management trainee with the Bonds Group after he completed his BSc in Physiology and Pharmacology. He later completed postgraduate studies in marketing and joined ICI Australia as a market development specialist.
At ICI, which then became Orica, Philippe held numerous product management and business unit management roles including both commodity and emerging technology areas. He was General Manager of ICI Valchem and then appointed to the Chemicals Group executive when he took over ICI Watercare and later ICI ChlorAlkali.
In 2001, shortly after ICI Australia became Orica, Philippe and his family mover to Denver Colorado where he took on the role of Strategy and Planning Senior Vice President for Orica’s global explosives business. He was then made responsible to the business’ global manufacturing and supply chain activities prior to his move to Germany.
Before joining SMG as a Mentor, Philippe was Managing Director of Innovia Security, the UK/Australia joint venture commercialising polymer banknote technology across the world. Philippe was appointed to the role to resurrect the company’s reputation, strategy and culture following a significant corruption case under the former management.
Philippe has developed a number of formal and informal mentoring relationships over the past 10 years, with strong and positive results for participants.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Chairman, Orica Eesti (Estonia), 2002 – 2006
- Chairman, Orica Nitro (Turkey) 2002 – 2006
- Board member, Council on Australia Latin American Relations (DFAT) 2006 – 2009
- Board member, International Association for Currency Affairs, 2011 – 2014
- Director, Innovia Group, 2013 – 2014
- Non-executive director, Transpacific Industries Group, 2014 – present
- Non-executive director, Lynas Corporation, 2015 – present
- Non-executive director, Sedgman Group, 2015 – present.
- Motorsport, music, photography, taekwondo.