EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Leadership & Building Teams
- Transformation & Cultural Change
- Business Turnarounds & Performance Improvement
- Sales & Marketing
Peter Lamell has worked in senior executive roles in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Asia and Australia. He worked for Shell for over 25 years and was a Board member of Shell Australia. His work experience has primarily been in sales, marketing, strategy, business transformation and cultural change plus mergers and acquisitions.
In the last few years, he has specialised in being CEO for a number of successful business turnarounds. In doing this, he has become adept in identifying the key problems within organisations whilst developing practical solutions to deliver significantly increased shareholder value. He has a strong combination of strategic skills and operational execution. He has had a particular focus on building and leading strong teams, working successfully across different cultures and commercial environments to drive robust, targeted business growth whilst recognising the requirements of key stakeholders. He is an innovative and sophisticated negotiator and dealmaker consistently delivering win-win business solutions.
He has been an executive and Board member of a range of companies developing a deep knowledge and hands-on experience in the Energy, Power, Resources, Services, Telecommunications and Technology sectors as well as in NFPs.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry (University of Sussex, England)
- Corporate Finance Program (London Business School, England)
- Senior Executive MBA (Melbourne Business School) – Corrs Prize for Top Student
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Board of Citywide Service Solutions
- Advisory Board of Aveva Ltd. (global leader in Contract Risk Management Solutions for the Oil & Gas Sector)
- Board of the National Trust Australia (Victoria)
- Board of the National Trust Victoria Foundation
- Chairman of Renew Australia (Urban Regeneration)
- Senior Advisor to Partners in Performance (international consulting firm)
- Fellow of the AICD
Aboriginal Art, Wine, Music, Reading, Travel, History, Skiing and Tennis.