EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Cultural and organisational change
- Executive management
- Governance and risk management
Lyn was the NSW Commissioner for Fair Trading for nearly 5 years during a period of major change towards a harmonised approach to consumer affairs and business regulation across Australia. Prior to this she headed up a number of business divisions within the agency, leading projects aimed at improving customer service and reducing red tape. Lyn’s earliest executive positions were in the corporate service areas of a number of agencies including the NSW Department of Housing and the Attorney General’s Department before moving into general management as Director of Local Courts. She has retained a particular interest in the importance of developing people in organisations.
As a senior executive in of a number of large, complex, decentralised agencies Lyn has successfully negotiated sensitive industrial, organisational and political issues; implemented large scale change programs and promoted integrity in the workplace.
As a member of public sector Audit & Risk Committees in NSW, Victoria and the Commonwealth, Lyn continues to use her experience and expertise in executive level management to make a contribution to the governance and risk management strategies of a number of government agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BA, Macquarie University
- MBA, University of Technology, Sydney
- SMG Coaching, Level 1 (coaching competencies for performance, change, career, EQ)
- Hogan Assessment System Accreditation (pending).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Board Member, IAB
- Audit & Risk Management Committee member:
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (NSW)
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (NSW)
- Information & Privacy Commission (NSW)
- Police Integrity Commission (NSW)
- Fair Work Building & Construction (Commonwealth)
- Victorian Auditor General’s Office.
Family, music, travel, reading, drama and art.