EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Legal, Banking and Financial Services
- Government, Not-For-Profit and Membership associations
- Organisational restructuring and transformation management
- Board / management relationships.
Kerrie has over 25 years experience in leadership and executive roles in the public and private sectors, and in various industries (law, banking, general insurance, corporate trustee, financial planning, transport and manufacturing).
During her career she has delivered results in the areas of strategy, corporate governance, public policy development and implementation, restructure and transformation management, crisis issues management, communication (TV, radio and print media), advocacy and public consultation. She also has extensive experience in project development and delivery, and operations management with P&L responsibility for revenues ranging up to $1.9B.
Kerrie has lead large organisations with diverse members, stakeholders, clients and workforces, and managed diverse issues including: climate change, disaster and recovery planning, financial education and literacy, capital adequacy, risk management and compliance, regulation, corporate governance, and professional standards. Building and developing successful teams and developing and advancing individuals has been an integral part of Kerrie’s roles.
Since 2010 Kerrie has pursued a portfolio of interests including consulting, company directorships, executive coaching and mentoring.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
First practising as a commercial lawyer in Melbourne, Kerrie has held executive and leadership positions including:
- Executive Director and CEO, Insurance Council of Australia (2006-2010)
- Director General, Association of British Insurers [London] (2010)
- CEO, Financial Planning Association of Australia (2003-2006)
- Executive, National Corporate Actions, ASX Perpetual Registrars (2001-2003)
- National Director, Trustee Corporations Association of Australia (1997-2001); Director Corporate Secretariat, Roads & Traffic Authority (NSW) (1995-1997)
- Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, ANZ Retail Bank (1990-1991)
- General Counsel and then General Manager – Trust Services, ANZ Trustees (1987-1990).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Director, Rockend Technology P/L (2011 – to date)
- Director, Westmead Millennium Research Institute (2014 – to date)
- Director, Westmead Medical Research Foundation (2010 – to date) & Member, Finance & Risk Committee
- Member, NSW & ACT Council, Committee for the Economic Development of Australia (2011 – to date)
- Member, Better Regulation Strategy Group, UK Department of Business, Innovation & Skills (2010)
- Member, TheCityUK, Financial Services Strategy Group [London] 2010
- Director, HSBC Bank Australia (2008-2010)
- Member, Financial Literacy Advisory Board of Australia (2001-2010)
- Director, Finance Industry Council of Australia (2006-2010)
- Director, Financial Ombudsman Service (2009-2010)
- Director Insurance Ombudsman Service (2006-2009)
- Member, National Finance Industry Training Advisory Body (1998-1999).