EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Governance in professional firms
- CEO & Board performance setting and review
- Business development and strategy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Executive development.
an has enjoyed a successful management career across industry, the professions and government spanning the UK, Australian and New Zealand markets; from aero engine development engineer with Rolls-Royce in the UK to Head of Strategic Planning with Price Waterhouse in Australia; from Managing Director of a venture capital funded start-up chemical company to CEO of New Zealand’s leading commercial law firm, Bell Gully.
His experience has been with both large and small organisations and he has developed a particular empathy for the challenge of leadership in professional services, across engineering, project management, legal, accounting, patent attorneys and other professional service firms.
He has successfully contributed to professional service organisations at Chief Executive and non-Executive Director level in each of these sectors where his main areas of added value and focus have been strategic planning, business development, governance, organisation development and risk mitigation.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- BSc (Honours) – Engineering – Edinburgh University (Rolls-Royce scholarship)
- MBA – Monash University (Australia Post postgraduate scholarship).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- Chairman and Chief Executive Filsen Pty Ltd
- Chief Executive – Lonsdale Wilson
- Principal Trustee of CEDA
- Australian Council for Infrastructure Development
- Independent Chairman – Carson Group
- Independent Director – Hunt & Hunt; Baldwin Shelston Waters.
- Family, home improvement and maintenance, engineering patents, golf.