EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Stepping up into a CEO or senior executive role
- Strategically leading a group as a non-subject matter expert
- Succeeding as a female leader of a predominantly male team
- Achieving a sustainable balance of professional and personal priorities
Heather coaches and mentors CEOs and senior executives to accelerate their leadership development and to optimise the value they add to their organisations and broader stakeholders whilst ensuring that they retain their authenticity. Understanding the rhythms and cycles of such roles, Heather supports her clients to excel by being their confidante, challenger, cheerleader, supporter and sounding board—and by holding them to account.
Before starting her second career in leadership development in 2011, Heather had a successful 25-year career in publishing, primarily with global publisher Wiley. She led and managed across a diverse range of functional areas including sales, marketing, business analysis, project and relationship management, and technology. She was also a key member of a wide range of global, regional and local project that spanned business and support groups, and required her to influence without authority across a broad range of stakeholders from multiple locations and cultures. Her final role at Wiley was as Managing Director of the Australian operations.
Heather co-leads Stephenson Mansell Group’s business in Queensland as one of our two State Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Master of Arts, University of Cambridge, UK
- Master of Business Administration, Deakin University
- Diploma of Company Directorship, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Accredited Practitioner in Leadership Styles Inventory (LSI), The Leadership Circle (TLC) and Hogan Assessments profiling frameworks
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Fellow, The CEO Institute
- Graduate and Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Former Board Member, State Library of Queensland
WORKING WITH HEATHER LINAKER:
I have worked with Heather as my leadership coach since mid-2014. She has helped me re-build nearly every aspect of my leadership tool kit, transforming me from a reactive/defensive leader to a pro-active one. In mid-2016, I took up a CFO role with a new employer and was promoted to Managing Director six months later.
Working with Heather provided not only the leadership skills to make such a transition, but the courage to move companies and industries. She has demonstrated an uncanny ability to challenge the status quo and encourage innovative thinking, and she strikes a balance between keeping me out of my comfort zone whilst simultaneously providing support at all times. If that is the essence of coaching, Heather personifies it.
Managing Director, ASX200 Company