EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Business transformation consulting and coaching
- Leadership development
- Cultural change
- Professional Services leadership development and coaching.
Guy has over 25 years experience as a senior executive across a range of sectors and industries, internationally and in Australia. He has been an Executive Coach with Stephenson Mansell Group since its inception in 1999, and has experience in all aspects of executive coaching and mentoring, including customised leadership and cultural transformation programs.
Guy has worked with over 500 senior executives from a diverse range of organisations, including government and not-for-profits.
During his career, he has worked in start-ups, SME’s and large organisations, including multinationals such as ABB, Emerson Electric and Philips. He has extensive “hands on” knowledge of business organisations, spanning sales and marketing, finance, human resources, manufacturing, engineering, project management and shared services.
Guy has been a CEO/Director of many companies, on the Board of a major public company (Powertech), and Executive Chairman of two companies in the lighting and electrical protection industries, Lascon and Electrical Protection Company. He has also run his own consultancy practice, “Growth Solutions for Business” specialising in business transformation, continuous improvement and business turnaround.
His professional coaching experience includes clients in construction, financial services, FMCG, Government, healthcare, IT, legal, mining, not-for-profit sector, pharmaceutical, property development, shipping & logistics, telecommunications, medical electronics and various other manufacturing and technology-based industries.
Guy has a deep understanding of the issues involved in organisational and cultural change and leadership development. He is known as a highly effective, solutions-focused coach drawing on multiple approaches and perspectives. His coaching results include sustainable behavioural and performance improvement, as well as the personal wellbeing of his clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- BSc (Electrical Engineering)
- B.Comm (Accounting and Marketing)
- MBA (Strategy)
- Master of Applied Science (Psychology of Coaching)
- Accredited in Hogan, LEA, LSI and CCL 360 degree surveys
- Advanced coaching skills training & accreditation, Stephenson Mansell Group
- Integral coaching training – Centre for Coaching, Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Vice-President, University of Sydney Coaching & Mentoring Association
- Graduate School of Business Association.
- Hiking and bushwalking, touring (4×4), technology, photography, tennis, fishing, hobby farming and travel.
WORKING WITH GUY SUTTON:
“From Guy’s work we’ve enjoyed many benefits. There is more open communication, our people are actually using superior coaching skills, there is less conflict and new connections are being made across the business. The coaching has had an impact on our motivation and growth”.
– CEO, Public Utility