EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Coaching leaders through change and complexity
- Group facilitation, particularly opening up communications to enhance results
- Organisational cultural change aligned with business strategy
- Mid-life career transitions
David combines extensive experience as a senior corporate executive with a proven track record as an executive coach and facilitator. He supports individuals and teams to improve business momentum through closer behavioural and cultural alignment with their strategies priorities. This often involves establishing open dialogue to help dismantle assumptions and behaviours previously impeding growth.
His corporate background is in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) arena, in which he held senior leadership roles in marketing, business development and export management with Pepsi Cola in the UK and then Lion Nathan Group in Australia. Whilst at Lion Nathan, David discovered a passion for supporting people to realise their true leadership potential, as well as actively experiencing the powerful impact of cultural transformation.
David has specialised in leadership development for more than 10 years, coaching and facilitating in a wide range of organisations in the public and private sectors. He has a calm, down to earth approach, and supports leaders to bring more of their authentic selves into their roles, enabling them to work to purpose collaboratively.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Law, Northumbria University, UK
- Qualified as Solicitor, England & Wales
- MSc in Leadership and Organisational Analysis (in progress)
- Accredited Practitioner, Leadership Styles Inventory and The Leadership Circle
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland, Noosa, and Volunteer Business Mentor
Walking, spending time in nature, yoga, football, comedy, music
WORKING WITH DAVID METHERELL
“David has helped our greatest asset, our people, to get a better understanding of the purpose, vision and goals. Some of the work we did had a profound effect on the team environment and key relationships in the organisation. These have opened up communication … and created better understanding, comradeship and a sense of working for a common purpose.
David has been very supportive during a sensitive time of change and I look forward to drawing on his experience and honesty in the future” – CEO, Mining Processing Company