THE FOCUSED EXECUTIVE – Program Overview
Enabling leaders to create a ripple effect of positive change for teams, clients, business and community.
OVERVIEW OF LEARNING OBJECTIVES
The Focused Executive uses blended approach of workshops, video, peer knowledge-sharing, experiential exercises, and refection, which is supported by Virginia Mansell’s book, The Focused Executive.
The program is made up of 6 independent modules, which can be run in any order to suit your organisation’s needs. The overview module, Leading (usually conducted first), outlines the changing nature of executive leadership and its impact on leaders.
The remaining 5 modules flow from the following model of leadership:
Participants are encouraged to apply their learning back to the realities and challenges in their own workplaces and teams. Facilitators and trained to encourage shared learning and reflection which unlocks the existing skills and experience of participants, while building trust and networks.
The following information describes the learning objectives from the workshops.
HIGH PERFORMANCE LEADERSHIP
Explores the changing nature of executive leadership and its impact on leaders;
changes in the executive environment; leadership truisms and myths; emotional intelligence; the drivers of executive leadership; linking leadership drivers to leadership competencies.
Learning Outcomes: High Performance Leadership
- Clarify the qualities and characteristics of ‘great leaders’ and set personal leadership goals.
- Understand the importance of ‘perspective taking’ as it relates to leadership and the importance of getting off the dance floor and onto the balcony
- Explore and commit to strategies for getting on the balcony more often
- Understand and apply the ‘line of choice’ model to both yourself and your interactions with others
- Examine how emotional intelligence builds social connectedness and performance
- Practice building personal emotional intelligence and awareness
- Practice Peer coaching
Examines how participants can attain superior results with those outside one’s direct control, yet whose influence and/or decisions impact on the ongoing performance and development of one’s team and/or the organisation.
Learning Objectives: Influencing Techniques
SYNERGISING - BREAKING DOWN SILOS
- Understand the difference between influence and persuasion
- Strengthen ability to map influence within your organisation and use it to drive results
- Create strategies for strengthening relationships which strengthening influence
- Learn and practice how to increase personal influence in meetings
- Develop strategies for increasing personal influence
Develops a deeper understanding of peer team functioning, behaviour and dynamics and how these elements contribute to developing high performing organisations when operating well.
Learning Objectives: Breaking Down Silos
ENABLING - MANAGING PEOPLE EFFECTIVELY
- Explore the differences between groups and teams
- Consider the importance of developing a shared purpose
- Discuss how organisational silos interfere with the pursuit of a shared purpose
- Understand your preferred style and how to flex it to the styles of others
- Build appreciation for positive conflict
- Prepare and practice for conversations that build synergy across organisational silos
- Understand the barriers to synergising and how to overcome challenging styles
Practices strategies for managing, leading and coaching one’s direct reports and attaining superior results with and through them.
Learning Objectives: Managing People Effectively
ENERGISING – RESILIENCE AT WORK
- Learn how to link key strategic organisational drivers to team activities and goals
- Understand the science of motivation and how to use it in team performance
- Discuss the ‘busy burden’ and how to overcome it in yourself and others to unlock capacity
- Understand Situational Leadership and how to apply it to how you provide leadership to individual team members
- Learn and practice coaching conversations that strengthen team performance
Reinforces the leader’s role in energising the team including the critical factors for ensuring the well-being of oneself, one’s team and one’s organisation.
Learning Objectives: Resilience at Work
TRUSTING AND LEADING CHANGE
- Understand how to help employees connect to their ‘Sweet Spot’ and work with them to use this knowledge to create and sustain energy for their work
- Review with science of resilience and learn how to establish preventative and ‘in the moment’ strategies that create a more resilience self and workforce
- Apply the ideas of resilience to the forces that prevent change
- Practice coaching for resilience
Uses the foundational elements of vision, values and purpose as a means for attaining and maintaining trust in individuals, teams and organisations. Also focuses on relationship-building and goal attainment as strategies for the successful leadership of change.
Learning Objectives: Leading Change
- Recognise the role that personal values and ‘walking the talk’ play in trust
- Practice the art of delivering unpopular news while maintaining personal values and authenticity
- Anticipate and positively influence people’s responses to change
- Explore models for implementing change
- Analyse how organisational systems and work environments can generate unpredictability in response to change efforts
To download the brochure, please click here