Are you ready to make some real progress?
Great leaders are purported to have achieved the alignment of purpose, passion and savvy. Yet, in our complex, fast-paced environments, maintaining that achievement is a challenge for even the most capable and ambitious executive. Promotions, dynamics, politics, leadership style differences and even our own mindsets are just some of the things that can prevent us from achieving our potential.
Stephenson Mansell Group is launching a ‘Perspectives on Leadership for Women,’ program to help female senior leaders align who they are and how they lead to maximise their impact in the current disruptive working environment.
Perspectives on Leadership for Women has been inspired by conversations with thousands of clients, coupled with my personal belief that Australia’s female leaders will continue to thrive when we periodically take time from our busy schedules to refresh, recharge and reflect to remind us all why we do the important work we do.
Perspectives on Leadership for Women is a two day program with a break between workshops for executives to work with an executive coach/mentor.
Day 1: Leading Self
- Values based leadership, adaptive leadership, overcoming setbacks and personal perspective taking.
Executive Coaching Session 1
Day 2: Leading Others
- Seeing our collective blind spots, challenging assumptions, understanding group dynamics, leading in complexity and building resilience through others.
Executive Coaching Session 2
This program is designed with leading edge research on leadership, brought to you in practical, applicable ways, and includes:
- Personalised Executive Coaching: Meet our male and female executive coaches and select the one with the style and expertise best matching your needs.
- Presence and Communication: Maximise your impact by understanding and leveraging the different ways men and women lead and communicate.
- Resilience: Keep yourself physically and emotionally strong in order to navigate the sometimes turbulent waters of leadership. Use lessons from neuroscience to understand and overcome your reactions to threats, stress, and unconscious behaviour.
- Change and Complexity: Understand the complexity of group dynamics, and what gets in the way between intent and action.
- Finding Mentors and Sponsors: Practical advice on how to build successful networks that build your career.
We believe that executive coaching is essential to successful learning and change. In fact, numerous studies have shown that learning increases by up to 70% when participants are given a chance to reflect and apply their learnings with the support of an executive coach/mentor.
Areas for possible focus during executive coaching sessions could include:
- Developing a more effective and adaptive leadership style in a predominantly male environment.
- Strengthening communication skills to leverage your understanding of the differences between women and men’s leadership and communication styles.
- Leading with strategic impact.
- Building executive presence and personal brand.
- SYDNEY: 4 August & 1 September Pier One, Walsh Bay
- BRISBANE: 20 October & 24 November Emporium Hotel, Fortitude Valley
- MELBOURNE: 15 September & 20 October Donkey Wheel House, Bourke Street
- $2,550 + GST per participant.
To learn more or to register your interest for the program please go to www.smgrp.com.au/perspectivesonleadership.
About the author: Virginia Mansell, Executive Chairman, Stephenson Mansell Group.
Virginia Mansell is an expert and thought leader in executive coaching, mentoring and leadership. Virginia is the author of The Focused Executive, an important resource for CEOs and senior executives determined to perform at their very best. The 2nd Edition is now available with a new chapter on high performing teams.
In 1998, Virginia established The Mansell Group to provide coaching and leadership development services. In 2005, she merged this business with The Stephenson Partnership to create Stephenson Mansell Group, arguably Australia’s longest-established executive development firm. Over more than fifteen years, the Stephenson Mansell Group has worked with 5000 executives in more than 500 organisations in Australia and internationally including 30 of Australia’s top 50 companies.
In addition to her own experience as a business leader, Virginia brings to her role more than 30 years in human resource management, counselling psychology, psychotherapy and organisational consulting.